Transfer Students


Have you previously attended another college or university and wish to continue your education at Burnett International University? You classify as a transfer student and must follow all of the admission procedures.

The following requirements must be observed if you are a transfer student:

1.  Official Transcripts: Transfer students who have fewer than 24 credits at the college level must submit official transcripts from their high school, and all colleges and universities attended. Transfer students must submit their official academic records, with no course work in progress, from all institutions attended.  Transcripts must be sent to a Burnett International University Campus or mailed to the Registrar’s office:

Burnett International University Registrar’s Office

13 Boulevard 15 Octobre

Tabarre, Haiti, W.I.

All transcripts must be received and evaluated by the College prior to the student’s first’s day of classes.

Courses Listed on official transcripts that are not parallel with courses listed in the University Catalog will be evaluated, and credit may be granted as approved by the University Registrar.

1.  Previous earned credits and grades may transfer in but may not be accepted for a specific degree program. All grades from other colleges/Universities are computed in the cumulative grade point average at Burnett International University (BIU), including failing grades at previous colleges or universities.

2.  Failure to report previous college-level-work attempted constitutes a falsification of application and subject applicant to loss of all credits earned and may result in dismissal.

3.  Transfer students on suspension or dismissal at the time of their actual enroll at BIU will not be admitted to Burnett International University (BIU) for up to one year if they are not eligible for readmission to the institution where they had attended. Student appeal process is by petition. See an Advisor.

4.  An Applicant who was not in good academic standing (on suspension or dismissal) at the last institution attended will be treated in the same manner as if he/she was suspended or dismissed from Burnett International University. He/she must see an Academic Advisor to petition the admission status prior to submitting an application for admission.

Note: School Records Outside the U.S. or Haiti: Students who have attended a college/university outside the United States or Haiti are required to provide a course by course commercial translation and evaluation with upper-level course identification of all course work completed.

Submit All Documents Before Registration: Requested documents must be presented prior to registration for the student’s first term of enrollment. Students whose transcripts are not on file at the college will be blocked from registering for their first term of entry/re-entry.